Columbus day approaches, but to the “politically correct” this is no cause for celebration. On the contrary, they view the arrival of Christopher Columbus in 1492 as an occasion to be mourned. They have mourned, they have attacked, and they have intimidated schools across the country into replacing Columbus Day celebrations with “ethnic diversity” days. The politically correct view is that Columbus did not discover America, because people had lived here for thousands of years. Worse yet, it’s claimed, the main legacy of Columbus is death and destruction. Columbus is routinely vilified as a symbol of slavery and genocide,...Read More
Author: Michael Berliner
Earth Day approaches, and with it a grave danger faces mankind. The danger is not from acid rain, global warming, smog, or the logging of rain forests, as environmentalists would have us believe. The danger to mankind is from environmentalism. The fundamental goal of environmentalism is not clean air and clean water; rather, it is the demolition of technological/industrial civilization. Environmentalism’s goal is not the advancement of human health, human happiness, and human life; rather, it is a subhuman world where “nature” is worshipped like the totem of some primitive religion. In a nation founded on the pioneer spirit, environmentalists have made “development” an evil word. They inhibit or prohibit the development of Alaskan oil, offshore drilling, nuclear power–and every other practical form of energy. Housing, commerce, and jobs are sacrificed to spotted owls and snail darters. Medical research is sacrificed to the “rights” of mice. Logging is sacrificed to the “rights” of trees. No instance of the progress that brought man out of the cave is safe from the onslaught of those “protecting” the environment from man, whom they consider a rapist and despoiler by his very essence. Nature, they insist, has “intrinsic value,” to be revered for its own sake, irrespective of any benefit to man. As a consequence, man is to be prohibited from using nature for his own ends. Since nature supposedly has value and...Read More
- Interception of Communications Bill 2017 Open To Public Consultation
- Spying Bill Process: Another Abuse of Government Power?
- Video: Second Annual Joan Thompson Memorial Freedom Lecture with Richard Ebeling
- Fiscal Gyrations and Attempted Justifications?
- Letter To The Editor: Kill The Spy Bill
- Parliaments “Achilles Heel”: No Accountability
- The Fight for Our Future: Politics, Law and the Environment
- Freeport and Tax Concessions: The Hawksbill Creek Agreement (“HCA”)
- Government Delays In Approving Hawksbill Creek Agreement is Bad For Business
- Citizens for a Better Bahamas Recommendations for Freedom of Information Bill