Lucaya International School has raised a whopping $42,000 for Haiti Relief! When the catastrophic earthquake hit the small caribbean island, Columbus Communication, agreed to double the school’s contribution efforts. Mr. Brendan Paddick, President of Colombus Communications, visited LIS to present the final check for the L.I.S. Haiti Relief Fund. Mr. Paddick related that he had made this deal with six different schools in six different Caribbean countries where his company does business and stated that LIS raised the most money by far of any of the schools that he had worked with. The money has been donated to Save the Children to assist them with their relief work in Haiti. “A huge thanks must be given to our students incredible fundraising effort” said Chris Mockrish, LIS School Director. “The students, teachers, parents and local companies all got involved. It was truly an example of a community coming together for a great cause.”
About The Author
Remarks by Bahamas Prime Minister Hubert Ingraham on the Grand Bahama Shipyard’s Commissioning of Dry Dock Three
March 7, 2009
September 30, 2008
- Interception of Communications Bill 2017 Open To Public Consultation
- Spying Bill Process: Another Abuse of Government Power?
- Video: Second Annual Joan Thompson Memorial Freedom Lecture with Richard Ebeling
- Fiscal Gyrations and Attempted Justifications?
- Letter To The Editor: Kill The Spy Bill
- Parliaments “Achilles Heel”: No Accountability
- The Fight for Our Future: Politics, Law and the Environment
- Freeport and Tax Concessions: The Hawksbill Creek Agreement (“HCA”)
- Government Delays In Approving Hawksbill Creek Agreement is Bad For Business
- Citizens for a Better Bahamas Recommendations for Freedom of Information Bill